Currency
  • Loading...
Weather
  • Loading...
Air Quality (AQI)
  • Loading...

The Uzbekistan Football Association has announced the squad for the national team heading to the World Cup. It was noted that the team will depart on the morning of May 26 on the Tashkent-New York route to the United States.

Earlier, Ravshan Ermatov, First Vice-President of the Uzbekistan Football Association, told a Tribuna.uz correspondent that more players would be taken to America than originally planned.

"On May 26, the Uzbekistan national team will fly to New York for a training camp. We plan to take 30 players to this camp in the USA. As you know, the 2026 World Cup requires registering 26 players in the final list. We are taking 4 extra players just in case. God forbid no injuries, but considering any unpleasant situation may arise, we are taking 4 players to the training camp in the USA and Canada," Ermatov said.

According to Championat.asia, the following players who participated in the training camp were not included in the squad: Vladimir Nazarov, Muhammadrasul Abdumajidov, Diyor Ortiqboyev, Quvondiq Ro‘ziyev, Nodir Abdurazzoqov, Alisher Odilov, Sardor Bahromov, Husayn Norchayev, Muhammadqodir Hamraliyev.

Additionally, Ibrohimhalil Yo‘ldoshev will miss the World Cup due to injury, while Azizbek Turg‘unboyev, who previously played in World Cup qualifiers, was not included in the squad.

Source: www.gazeta.uz